Sunday, December 12, 2021

Episode 1 Part 2

  FIRST    PREVIOUS    NEXT

 

 


 
I made a little bit of a liar of myself: in my last post about 3D modeling I said that the artwork won't be 3D modeled, but 3D models will be used as the guide for the hand artwork. Well, while the fully warped-in "UEPSS Victoria" is hand drawn, the image of it coming out of warp was based on the 3D model which I outlined in Photoshop with the help of a neon glow filter. So no part of that image is actually drawn.

In case you are wondering if all the geegaws and doohickeys on that spaceship (and the spaceships I do generally) have actual functions, yes they do. While the whole wormhole thing is fantasy tech, otherwise I like to have reasons for everything. The Victoria has an actual and semi-thought-out propulsion system that smart and somewhat sane people have meditated seriously upon, and the 11410 Scout-Destroyer has a different propulsion system that this smart and somewhat sane person has thought about as to whether maybe it would actually work given a few hundred billion in R&D dollars.

So aside from the wormholes, and maybe the fusion drive of the "Golden" space hauler, I like to base things on tech that might actually work. Not that any of that will ever be mentioned very much. Since I don't know how one would actually make a fusion rocket engine, I will wave my magic wand and make it so, but only on slow and unimportant craft. For the big and fast ships, I am using the only known technology that could propel a ship at a tenth of the speed of light, which is some variant of nuclear detonation engine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment